Sunday, November 11, 2007

Weekend Update

Will continues to show us his strength. His stats are stable and is taking in 1 ml of breastmilk every 6 hours. They check for an remaining or residual in his tummy before his next feeding as this was a problem on Friday, but has gotten better.

Please continue your prayers, he really needs to kick start his kidneys and lungs. Test results show that his kidneys are extremely immature. His breathing is supported by a ventilator but recent x-rays show that his lungs are not working as well as they could be.

Today they should be making a 2nd attempt at the PICC line and depending on his morning test maybe another blood transfusion.

Everyone's support is so important to us and we can never truly express our appreciation. This is the hardest thing we have ever experienced and having such an amazing family and friends means the world.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Hey Aimee & David & Miracle Little Man,
Pat & I have been thinking about all of you & praying that Will gets to come home real soon. My boss's 11 year old son's class room is praying for Will My boss's son's name is Jake & he & his sister go to a christian school. Pat & I will be there Sunday the 18th. I would like to see all of you if possible.
Aimee, keep your spirits up & get ready for an exciting life with Will. He will grow up to be running around & you having to chase him all over the house so get lots of rest now. Hang in there. We are praying for all of you.
Love Ya Lynne & Pat

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimee -
Reading your blog is like sitting across from you at your desk at the office...I feel like I'm right there with you!

I cannot begin to imagine how emotional these days are for you. But I know you are strong...for you & for Will.

Prayers are with all of you, always. I know that God will give you the darkest of times. He only wants good for your lives. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your lives a bit less stressful. I miss you so much and am praying for your & David's continued strength and for Will's healthy and strong development.

You aren't alone.
Love,
Laura