Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Much Better Day

:Exhale: Today was a much better day. Will was much less touchy and his blood gas came back with a better pH level. His pH from yesterday was low, which could have contributed to his bad day.

I was able to do Kangaroo Care again today! He was so comfortable just laying on my chest and his stats were all perfect. Angela, one of the nurses that will do Kangaroo Care will be off for over a week, so I am bummed that I may not be able to hold him again for awhile.

He loves laying on his tummy... here is a picture of him this evening before we left, sleeping peacefully. You may notice that many of his pictures are dark... the lights are either off or very dim in his section of the NICU and we don't like to blind him with the flash.

Will is up to full feedings and is tolerating them well. As I have mentioned before, this is great news. Today, the nurse and RT changed out the dressing that is on his face that is holding his breathing tube in place, so for the first time I was able to see his precious little face without all the tape/dressings!

David and I go back and forth about which parts of Will take after each of us... so far, our conclusion is that he has David's crazy eyebrows, and my nose. He has David's long torso and my toes. He has David's long fingers and my frown... when he is touchy and frowns, it is definitely a facial expression he inherited from me. :-)

My co-workers started cooking for us and delivering meals to our door. How awesome is that? I work with an amazing group of people (thanks Laura for coordinating!). This weeks menu consists of enchiladas, hot chicken salad, prime rib w/salad, salmon w/veggies and rice, and cookies. Those who know me, know I do not like to cook, so this meal service is totally awesome! :-)

Thanks again to all... keep the positive thoughts and prayers going!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey aimee, and uncle joel.... take care of my future athlete...with joels height and my skills in his blood, for sure pro-something im thinkin baseball or football what you think....:)

Anonymous said...

Hello Aimee&david ,james has been keeping me updated on your wounderful baby will but i just wanted to let you both know your in my prayers and everyone at my church is also praying for all of you, aimee if you need anything please call me ...love jackie mills

Ashley said...

I agree! He definitely has your nose!

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimee and David~

The Days family continues to pray for little Will and his continued strength and development. You are in our thoughts every day and Will is included in our prayer list every night (Michael is particularly good at remembering everyone we pray for and often repeats the names several times, so Will is definitely covered)!
Aimee, I look forward to reading your posts every day and I am continually amazed at the depth of your knowledge of everything that is going on with your little one. He is blessed to have parents who are definite advocates for him and keep those medical professionals on their toes!
Will is so tiny and precious and perfect...your hearts, I'm sure, are overflowing. Keep the pictures coming...your little miracle is amazing!
Thinking of you,
Stephanie, RJ, Michael & Christopher

Anonymous said...

hi cuz!
what can i say he's adorable just like when you were a little one!
i love you all so very much!!!!!!!!!! luv cuz k

Anonymous said...

amie&david, your aunt renee and i really appreciate your daily blogs and the pictures of will especially those that include you and david. will, you and david are in our thoughts and prayers. we look forward to the day when you bring will home to stay. Aunt Renee and Uncle Ken