Friday, November 9, 2007

So many amazing people in our lives...

At times, we feel so lonely through this journey, but then reality check! There are so many people near and far that are praying for our little one.

Yesterday I received a beautiful customized necklace that contains a charm with Will's name on it along with a cross pendant. I will always wear this so I can keep Will close to my heart even when we are not with him at the hospital, it means so much! Also, tonight when we got home from the hospital there were a few packages on the porch from my co-workers.

One department started putting together a gift basket of things for me to stay busy while I was on bed rest in Labor and Delivery, but my stay was not as long as I had hoped. My friends in the Accounting department sent over this amazing gift basket of fun stuff... which includes magazines, books, games, cards, DVD's, nail polish, some of my favorite candies, toys, etc.

And then I also received a cookie bouquet from 3 of my friends at work... now I have to say that these kind of cookies would normally be eaten by now... they are my favorite! But under the circumstances, I cannot eat them because they are so darn cute and remind me of Will every time I look at them. See how cute they are...?

Now on to the important stuff... our little miracle. Will had a tough morning with a few hiccups. Later this morning he was doing good again. One thing has been a concern... they are holding off on his feedings. After a feeding today they noticed bile was remaining in his tummy, which means he is not passing it into his intestines. This is common for his young age. They have given him something to help to pass it. This will hopefully allow him to "poop". It seems to scary to think someone so tiny has to "poop" but hopefully this will jump start this process for him and we can return to normal feedings to get him used to my milk.

Will is breathing well today, so well he was even breathing over his ventilator. This resulted in being able to lower the pressure in the ventilator. Dr. Simko made a couple of positive comments today about his current condition as well, which is very encouraging. He is starting to move around quite a bit. This is good, it shows that he has energy and is not suffering from pain... but they also do not want him to use up all his energy showing off his new dance moves.

As always, thank you for your positive thoughts and prayers. Each day is a new day and we are so thankful for him. He is now just over 8 days old and fighting strong with a WILL to live!

No comments: