Thursday, November 29, 2007

Better Day

Today the little guy is 4 weeks old! His CBC and CRP came back within normal range. This is good news as both these results can provide indication of infection, if it is starting. He had dips in his oxygen again but not like yesterday. Even the night shift said he was doing better and he is down to 45% on his oxygen.

We have also asked the Catholic church to come to the hospital to baptize Will. This event will be happening on Saturday afternoon. Once he comes home we will have a formalized baptism but for now, just a small, simple baptism.

Will loves the time spent on his tummy. Here is a picture from this evening, holding Mommy's finger. Even though he has not gained a ton of weight yet, he is definitely changing and getting stronger... he has quite the grip!


I have an AFLAC insurance policy that pays benefits if anyone in our family spends time in intensive care. Since the claim process requires so much paperwork and proof I had to request a billing statement for both my stay along with Will's. I was floored... my bill was $56,000 and so far the little guy has racked up $465,000... all I can say is thank God for insurance, for no coinsurance, and for no lifetime maximums! Some people hate Kaiser and some people love Kaiser and I have to admit, I was not a fan earlier this year. When I found out I was going to deliver in Stockton since Kaiser does not have a local hospital with labor and delivery I was even more unhappy, but I have been proven wrong. Every single person involved in my care and in Will's care have been amazing people. We have had the best experience ever... the nurses in labor and delivery, in postpartum, in ICU, and of course in the NICU are all angels!
.
Keep sending positive thoughts and prayers, they are working!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at his strong, little hand! His continued growth and improvement are an answer to prayer...and we will keep the prayers coming!

Our love is always with you guys!
Laura & Erik